Monday, June 10, 2013

I'm Back!


Hello my lovely friends and followers. I'm back! While I have continued to post on the sister site SBML on Tumblr, I have not been writing regularly on here at all! Why, you ask? I went back to school, while working two jobs, while attempting to be present in my relationship(s), while continuing to work on myself, and snuggling with my beautiful pup who is going to be 1.5 years old at the end of the month. So, with a wonderfully full life, my commitment and ability to write on here regularly was obviously lacking. 


But I am recommitting and there will be some noticeable changes and not just to the look of the site, but particularly around the area of body acceptance and food. I am still a firm believer of body acceptance and have issues with the small "acceptable" category for women--aka what women are supposed to look like, unrealistic bodies portrayed via photoshop, and misconstrued ideas of "health." My own struggles with body image and making healthy choices continue and I will still post regarding these, but I will also add articles relating to fitness and the food industry. 

Frankly, I've felt like a body acceptance fraud. But recently, I have decided the time has come to really dig deep into some stuff I have been carrying around; lies I have been telling myself. I am also taking steps towards living the kind of life in regards to my body and my fitness that I continue to *think* about, yet struggle to know how do go about it without injuring myself, and without feeding into (ahem, excuse the pun) the notion that women who are not a size 2, or size 8, or even a 12 should eat less to lose weight. I also want to debunk the idea that there are only two eating disorders. There are more. One of these steps has been contacting a nutritionist/personal trainer to work with. Another, is to start eating a lot of organic food. 

No matter who we are, what successes or failures we've had, all humans have known struggle at one point or another. All of us have emotional work to do to recover from something and live more presently in our lives today. I came across this quote this morning and I knew I'd end this post with it: 

"If you want to succeed in your life, remember this phrase: 
That past does not equal the future. 
Because you failed yesterday; or all day today; 
or a moment ago; or for the last six months; the last sixteen years; 
or the last fifty years of life, doesn't mean anything... 
All that matters is: What are you going to do, right now?" 
— Anthony Robbins

Thanks to my family, friends, and followers for your ongoing support here and life at large. 

No comments:

Post a Comment