Monday, November 14, 2011

Fat Friday! (On Monday) Gabi Gregg

What is round on both sides and high in the middle?
OHIO!

Last week was the first week of training at my new job and Friday we were on the road to Ohio to visit my partner's family for his mother's birthday. So I'm giving you readers (there are still readers out there, right?) the Fat Friday post today!

Gabi Gregg is the author of a plus-size fashion blog Gabi Fresh and the feature in this post! 

She was mentioned in a previous piece Fat Fashion: A Continued Conversation.  
Gabi was recently named one of Glamour's 21 Most Amazing Young Women of 2011.  
You can read more about her experience and her outfit at this event on her blog. You can also find her on facebook. As a young, fat, and fabulous lady myself, I am happy to see a lovely lady such as Gabi get recognition. At my smallest and most fit, I wore a size 12, and I didn't have such sites for inspiration or solidarity when I was in my teens/early twenties and I am so glad that they exist now. On the days where I don't feel like I deserve to wear something beautiful or feel stunning I am reminded that is because the industry certainly makes women of average to plus size work even harder to find clothing that is stylish, affordable, and comfortable. 

Who do you turn to for fashion inspiration? Who do you admire, famous or not, for their fashion sense, or for their common sense? Comment below or email me shapedbymylife@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment