Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Strawberry Bread

The nights are cooling off as we reach mid August.  Yesterday was grey and the weather left me feeling torpid, but I wanted to take advantage of the cooler weather.  The strawberries in the fridge were ready to be used and I knew I wanted to try something new with them, so I found this recipe for Strawberry Bread from the Joy of Baking and gave it a go.

We have a bread machine but I used one of our bread pans and baked it in the oven. I love the smells in a kitchen when something bakes, especially when you open the oven to check on it and this heat wave of deliciousness slips out.
I also made a batch of chocolate chip cookies too, ya know, just in case the bread didn't work out. 
But they both came out delicious!

Do you like this recipe? Share it by clicking any of the buttons below! Do you like to bake?  Do you have favorite bread and/or cookie recipe you'd like to share? Comment below! Or you can reach me about this post or anything else via email: shapedbymylife@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment