I don't really care why, but I love nail polish! It's one of those simple pleasures I enjoy. In an earlier blog Sugar Daddy to Bachelorette Bash, I wrote about two great Essie nail polish colors that continue to grace my fingertips. But for as much as I love nail polish, I can probably count on one hand the amount of times I've gone out to get my nails done at a salon for several reasons.
Top 5 Reasons To Paint My Own Nails
1. I always found it extremely awkward and uncomfortable to have some stranger do something for me I can do myself. The person always comments on my cuticle care and I get annoyed within the first few minutes then have to sit there while they touch me.
2. If I want my nails that color I want to own the color! Especially because it chips within a few days.
3. Multitasking! I love the meditative quality of cleaning my nails, filing them, and then picking a color, usually while watching a movie. Plus I can do it in the comfort of my own home.
4. The person never does as good of a job as I can do and I get annoyed that I feel obligated to tip.
5. It costs more to get my nails done one time out at a salon then it does to buy and own the color myself, which gives me the luxury and option to paint my nails that color as many times as I like & to fix the chips that inevitably occur.
Plus, with a reference to a childhood favorite, it makes it that much more enjoyable. Something about the clever names of nail polish, like Fresh Frog of Bel Air or Gone Gonzo, that can bring a smile to my face. It's also a great way to add some color into my life when getting dressed feels more like a chore and I'm drawn to a simple white or black t-shirt and jeans.
Do you paint your nails or go out to get them done? What color are your nails right now? Don't paint your nails? What's your favorite Muppet and why? Comment below or email me firstname.lastname@example.org