your preference of chocolate
unsweetened shredded coconut
peanut butter (or sun butter or neither)
dry measuring cup
microwave safe bowl
Direction *with the changes I made*:
1. Cut the banana into the same slices you would if you were adding it to your cereal. You get more pieces this way, and they are more bite size. Place wax paper on plate.
2. I am allergic to peanut butter and for some ridiculous reason have only just heard of sun butter! (I'm a little obsessed right now). Take a spoonful or two and put in microwave safe bowl (or skip this step all together).
3. Use to your discretion the appropriate amount of chocolate (the more slices, the more chocolate needed). Use anywhere from 1/3 C to 1/2 C. Add to same bowl mentioned above.
4. Heat the chocolate (& peanut butter/sun butter) no more than a minute, you don't want it to burn! Trust me, it doesn't smell good at all. Depending on the chocolate you use, I added a tsp or two of milk to help get a better
5. Dip banana slice in chocolate, then lay on plate. Once you're done with all of the slices, use the rest or heat more chocolate and cover the tops.
6. Sprinkle coconut on top.
The first two bananas I made it with the sun butter. The third I made without. Once frozen, I put them in separate tupperware containers. It's a delicious treat and a new way to enjoy a banana!
What's a recipe you'd like to share? Comment below or email me: email@example.com