Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Quick Meal On A Hot Night

We don't have air conditioning in our house.  Today it was 90 plus degrees and after making delicious french toast for brunch I did not feel like cooking on the stove again.  So I didn't!

It took less than 10 minutes to prepare! So when you're hot and hungry and have these ingredients already at your residence, you're just a few simple steps away from a tasty treat. Toast a bagel (I used a garlic bagel, because I'm on a serious kick with them right now).  While this is toasting, wash your lettuce (fresh from the garden or packaged), open can of olives or chop whatever you'd like to add to said lettuce (I kept this salad pretty simple).  Once bagel is toasted, spread your choice of hummus on (I haven't made my own yet, so I used Sabra's Greek Olive hummus), sprinkle with feta cheese (Mediterranean), place lettuce and whatever toppings on plate, then mangia!


First salad from our vegetable garden!


A super quick and pretty healthy meal for lunch or dinner or even breakfast if you switch the salad for fruit (or not). I'm trying to no longer subscribe to what is categorized for me as appropriate and listen to my body more.  My body loves fresh veggies from the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment